Do you want to create a free and decentralized internet through blockchain and open a new borderless economy on a global scale?
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist mid-level through senior in experience, passionate about big data and experiment design to join GoByte Network’s team. Projects will span many analytics initiatives, ranging from in-app features to product marketing, pricing and more.
The ideal candidate will show a strong grasp of business models and statistics, excellent understanding of hypothesis testing, great analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to coherently describe complex mathematical concepts to a layman audience.
- Provide the insights and discovery on a variety of dataset across the business.
- Serve as the data and analytics domain expert, evangelizing data literacy and building a suite of tools to empower the team to make data-informed decisions: dashboards, reports, ad-hoc queries, insightful observations
- Drive and own A/B testing strategies, implementations, and analysis
- Provide support and expertise to Product Managers in defining KPIs and technical data requirements to ensure all product features and initiatives launch with proper metric tracking.
- Deliver data and data analysis on an ad-hoc basis using whatever tools are necessary for the task
- Measure network performance in the distributed applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and modeling (be able to explain as well as setup tests).
- Knowledge and experience in A/B testing - know about statistical test, bayesian inference.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - be able to take complex math and analytical concepts and explain to working teams and client executives.
- Strong SQL capabilities - experience querying data from relational DB engines.
- Strong teamwork - internally with our teams as well as with clients.
- Knowledge in machine learning algorithm such as linear/logistic-regression, Neural-Networks and others would be a strong plus.
Our Ideal Candidate
- MS required, ideally in a relevant field to analytics (finance, business, engineering, information systems, math, science, etc).
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist / Senior Analyst
- Experience with the big data technology stack (HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive) and big data processing
- Direct Database experience: data structures, modeling, and SQL expertise
- ETL processing experience using Python or equivalent Java
- Experience with MapReduce using Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with AWS tools/services
- Experience with a Business Intelligence Dashboards tool (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Superset, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours, including the ability to work from home (on occasion or as needed), and three weeks paid time off.
- Your choice of the latest, top-of-the-line equipment and tools to work with.
- Work with heaps of smart, awesome people, including a surprising number of people who are great at pool, pinball, and foosball.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology